MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
The Center for Balanced Living is a free standing, non-profit that provides multidisciplinary eating disorder treatment for individuals ages 16 and above. We are proud of our compassionate environment. Every one of our staff has said they love working here because of the people.
The Center is internationally recognized for its high quality, evidence-based, best practices in the treatment of eating disorders. In fact, we are one of only two sites in the country providing a neurobiologically-based, family inclusive 5-Day Treatment for Eating Disorders.
We are seeking a candidate who value a positive work environment.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will develop and deliver communications that effectively describe and promote The Center and its services to a wide range of stakeholders. You will also leverage a full range of techniques, platforms and products to inform and increase awareness about The Center and shape its image. Your work will include engaging with appropriate outlets to promote programs, initiatives and other activities of The Center in accordance with industry trends and organizational strategy.
· Design, implement, and measure success of communication initiatives and strategies to positively position The Center
· Create company literature, and other forms of print and digital communication
· Handle media relations and recommends strategy for external communications
· Engage with appropriate outlets to promote programs, services and initiatives
· Maintain website content and social media strategy
· Constantly evaluate innovative communications approaches to achieve long-term communications, brand and marketing goals
· Participate in activities that promote The Center’s visibility
· Support writing speeches and statements
· Other duties as assigned
o Bachelors degree or higher in communications, public relations, marketing, or related degree
o Strong communication (oral and written), problem-solving, analytic, interpersonal skills and a customer-service orientation
o Must be able to work effectively in a collaborative environment and have a strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables.
o Experience producing, writing, and editing multiple communications deliverables such as news releases, statements, messaging documents, feature stories, speeches, videos, social media; etc.
o Technologically savvy, with ability to navigate and use web-based applications with ease. Experience with and proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Adobe Creative Suite, web based applications
o 1+ year experience contributing to or implementing project or communications, plans, strategies and tactics
o Web design and development experience is a plus
o Experience providing communications support to senior leaders and subject matter experts
o Related industry experience
Benefits: competitive wage and benefits
Please submit a cover letter, resume and sample(s) of your work to
Cheryl Ryland, Director HR