Frequently Asked Questions



What treatments do you provide for eating disorders?

We offer three levels of care here at the Center. Follow these links to learn more about our Outpatient Services, Intensive Outpatient Programs, and Partial Hospitalization Program.

Do you provide treatment for other mental health concerns?

Yes. All clinicians are able to provide treatment for mental health issues such as anxiety and mood disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and personality disorders.

What programs do you offer for families?

Families and support persons can play an important role in a client's recovery journey. Families are welcome to contact us at 614.896.8222 to schedule individual consultations with a professional counselor. In addition, all family members are encouraged to attend free support groups at The Center the first and third Tuesday evening of each month from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm.

We also offer educational opportunities throughout the year, including webinars. See Education for more information. We are also continually adding videos on a variety of topics that may be helpful for families/supports.

What types of payment do you accept?

We accept most insurance plans. We accept Medicare for outpatient services only (excludes IOP, PHP and 5 Day). We do not accept Medicaid. The Center maintains a sliding fee scale of up to 40% off based on proof of income; if you are concerned about paying for treatment, please contact us so for more information.

What is a co-pay? What is co-insurance? 

A copay (or co payment) is a set dollar amount the insured (client) is expected to pay when services are rendered. Co-insurance is similar to a copay in that it is an amount the insured (client) is expected to pay when services are rendered; however, it is not a set dollar amount. Instead, it is a percentage of the total fee charged. The copay and co insurance amounts vary by insurance company and by individual policy and are determined by the insurance company, NOT by The Center.

What is a deductible?

The health insurance deductible is similar to that on an auto or house insurance policy. It is the amount you pay before insurance begins to pay. A deductible is typically a set dollar amount. The insurance company will begin to pay claims AFTER the full deducible has been paid. For example, if you have a $2000 deductible, you will be responsible for paying all expenses for services you receive until you have paid $2000. After you pay the required $2000, then insurance will begin to pay benefits. You may still have to pay a copay or co insurance even after the deductible is met, depending on your individual policy.

The deductible is part of the individual's policy and is chosen by the employer when the policy is selected. The deductible amount is NOT set by The Center.

The Center does require full payment at the time of service until deductibles are met.

Why must I provide a copay, or meet my deductible?

Policies often change and many now have copays or deductibles that may not have in previous years. You may not have had a deductible in the past but your updated policy may now include one.

The Center does not set your copay or deductible amounts. These are part of the policy you have chosen with your insurance carrier. If you call your insurance company and request benefits, they should be able to explain all copays and/or deductibles that exist on your policy. Be sure to ask specifically about your mental health benefits as these may be different than your medical. The number should be on the back of your insurance card.

How do I schedule an assessment?

Call 614.896.8222

Our office staff will take initial information for registration and preparation for the diagnostic assessment. A clinician will contact you to set up an appointment for a diagnostic assessment. Clients are usually able to begin treatment in the Intensive Outpatient Program for Eating Disorders and Partial Hospital Program for Eating Disorders levels of care within a week of the initial call. Outpatient treatment waiting list time varies. 

Will you assess a person who needs inpatient treatment?

The Center does not provide emergency or inpatient services. The Center refers all persons who report symptoms with a high probability of medical instability immediately to emergency care or a residential or inpatient eating disorder treatment facility to assure best care protocol.

Per the American Psychiatric Guidelines for eating disorders, if a person is medically unstable or meets criteria for residential or inpatient care, then residential or inpatient treatment is recommended.

Are you a community mental health organization?

No. The Center is a private nonprofit free standing clinic and receives no ADAMH funding. We receive no community tax or government dollars such as Medicaid.

Do you provide educational presentations to the community?

Yes. The Center's specialized staff works to create presentations tailored to meet the needs and requests of physicians, medical and mental health professionals , corporations, and civic organizations all over the state. Our Director of Education coordinates all of the professional and community lectures and presentations.

To request a presentation,  call 614.896.8251.


Is the Center handicapped accessible?